Reporting to the Head of Business Systems, the successful applicants will be expected to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes defining the project’s objectives, acquiring resources, coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants, and overseeing quality control throughout its life cycle to deliver projects according to plan.
Key Accountabilities include:
• Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Challenge requirements to ensure cohesion and consistency.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion; continually manage expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Plan, schedule, and track project timelines, milestones, and deliverables using appropriate tools.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
• Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals and where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
• Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments, if necessary, during project cycle.
• Submit budget proposals and recommend changes where necessary.
• Manage project development and delivery from beginning to end using appropriate project plans and associated communications documents.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel; identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Essential requirements include:
• Experience working independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, project adjustments and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating; ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other functions.
• Ability to defuse tension (where necessary); Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• University degree or college diploma; Certifications such as ITIL, Prince2, Agile/CSP methodologies.
• 4 years’ direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
• Strong familiarity with project management software advantageous eg. Monday.com; MSP; Jira;
Candidates should display behaviours in keeping with our Values of Integrity, Excellence, Learning, Collective Efficiency, Innovation, Business Development and Enjoyment.
This vacancy is being managed for us by Emmerson Kitney. If you wish to be considered please forward your full CV to Sam Horton firstname.lastname@example.org