March 11th marks World Plumbing Day and, to celebrate, we’re on a mission to find the nation’s ‘Super Plumber’! Here’s everything you need to know about the annual event and how to enter our competition.
What Is World Plumbing Day?
World Plumbing Day is an annual global event celebrated around the world. Initiated by the World Plumbing Council in 2010, the event is recognised internationally as a day to acknowledge the importance of plumbers and safe plumbing.
World Plumbing Day has been recognised for over a decade as an opportunity to reflect on the important role safe plumbing plays in sustaining health, promoting disease-free sanitation and ease of day-to-day life.
The annual event is marked by celebrations, competitions, seminars, and activities all around the world. People from within and outside the plumbing community come together to learn, share knowledge, build connections and find opportunities to collaborate to improve the quality of, and access to, fresh water and safe sanitation.
Our Super Plumber Competition
To mark World Plumbing Day we’re launching a competition to find the nation’s ‘Super Plumber 2022’. The competition aims to celebrate our plumbers here in the UK by asking the nation to share stories of when a plumber has saved their day. The plumber who is crowned ‘Super Plumber 2022’ will win a selection of industry goodies.
Plumbers are true superheroes, with many of them working around the clock to rescue us from no heating or water in our times of need. It’s time we give something back to them and they get the recognition they deserve. Whether it’s a friend, family member, colleague or your trusted plumber you know you can depend on, we want to know about them.
How To Nominate Your Super Plumber
If you have someone in mind who deserves to receive recognition for the hard work they do all year round, it’s really simple to get involved. All you have to do is fill out the short form at the bottom of this page. Alternatively, head to our World Plumbing Day social media posts on Facebook or Instagram and leave a comment with the name of your super plumber. You can find the full terms and conditions a little further down this page. Everyone who makes a nomination will also be entered into a draw for the chance to win 1 of 5 £50 Amazon vouchers.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Entries are only open to UK residents.
- 4 winners will be chosen at random to win the Super Plumber prize.
- 4 winners will be chosen at random to win the participants’ prize draw.
- Winners of the ‘Super Plumber’ will receive a branded bundle of Ideal Heating merch.
- Winners of the participants prize draw will win 1 x £50 Amazon vouchers.
- You may enter this competition by commenting on the competition posts from Ideal Heating on Facebook or Instagram, naming the person who you think deserves to win. You do not need to tag the person, however, you are welcome to do so.
- Alternatively, you may enter this competition by filling out the short form on the Ideal Heating site.
- All entrants give permission for Ideal Heating to contact them through the contact details given, Facebook or Instagram if they win and to use comments for the Ideal Heating website and also for press stories.
- By nominating persons for the Super Plumber prize, you consent to Ideal Heating contacting them through the contact details given to let them know they have won.
- The competition will run from 09:00 Friday 11th March and closes on 23:59 Friday 1st April. Any entries made after this date will not be counted.
- Competition winners will be announced on the week commencing Monday 4th April 2022. Winners will be notified through Facebook/Instagram comments and/or direct message.
- If winners do not respond to the message directly within 7 days, the prize will be forfeited and given to another entrant.
- Prizes will be posted to the address given to Ideal Heating by the competition entrant.
- Prizes can only be posted within the UK.
- Competition prizes will be posted out or emailed to winners in April 2022.
- By entering your details you consent to Ideal Heating using this information for future marketing initiatives.